Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Weight Loss Personal Development Plan

As I stated in my first post, one of the main reasons that I started this blog is to hold myself accountable. I would be a hypocrite to preach to others the need for personal development and to not follow that advice. With that being said I have decided that the main goal I need to focus on is my body weight. My reasoning for this is if I am not healthy then reaching all my other goals would be useless. I am not in horrible shape, but after weighing myself I noticed that the scale is not giving me the numbers that I would like. As mentioned in previous post you need to know where you are starting from. My weight is 241 pounds. My Ideal weight is 195 pounds. Having these two numbers allows me to make a proper personal development plan. To do this I need to ask the following questions:

  1. How long do I want to take to reach my goal weight? I have decided to go with 12 weeks.
  2. How much will I have to lose each week to make this happen? 3.8 pounds. I know this sounds ambitious and it should be. If I give my self an easy goal like 1 pound a week then it would not provide enough motivation to keep going!
  3. What will my diet look like? I plan to eat real foods. By real foods I mean foods that have not been overly processed or have added chemicals. My diet will consist of fruits, vegetables, lean meats and fish. I will also be sure to plan my meals the night before.
  4. What exercise plan will I follow? I am going to use a high intensity plan. This means I will push myself through the workouts to get my heart rate up. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I will lift weights alternating between upper and lower body.  Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday I will do 20 to 30 minutes of high intensity cardio. Sunday will be a rest day. I will also be sure to take an evening walk with varying lengths between 1 and 3 miles.
  5. How will I stay focused and keep on track with my personal development plan? I will post once a week to this blog describing my progress.
I hope my weight loss journey will inspire others to take control of their lives and get in better shape. If you have any suggestions be sure to add a comment. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment